Different types of pests and their control measures by the best pest control and sanitization agency in Kerala
Cockroaches are the most commonly found pests in the foodservice facility. They breed in areas that are warm, moist and humid. It hides in cracks and openings and is attracted to surfaces with food leftovers. They leave coarse faecal droppings and leave smears that dry on surfaces. PCCSIndia’s pest control measures are as follows
- We will check all equipment such as microwaves, ovens and electric grills for any leftover food particles.
- We will inspect and clean all food preparation equipment and surfaces, and remove food particles from drains.
- We use recommended chemicals to treat all cracks and crevices, all such openings will be properly sealed.
- Use of permitted insecticides after business hours
- Maintains good sanitary conditions on the premises.
- Ensures all the dustbins are covered
- We will install cockroach traps over the drains
- Makes sure good lighting and ventilation as cockroaches like dark places to nest and breed.
Another kind of pest is rodents. Rodents primarily include rats and mice. They damage food and property and spread diseases through their faeces and urine or by contact with the surfaces. Rodents usually enter our premises through open drains, doors, windows, ventilators, openings around water pipes, sewers etc… So installation of mechanical traps around such entry points is an effective way of denying them access into the premises. We suggest control measures such as:
- Install tight-fitting windows
- Keep all drains covered with mesh
- Seal all cracks and openings
- Mechanical traps